Dr. Steven J. Chen
Education and Licensure
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT. August 1992.
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Utah, since 1994.
Clinical and Managerial Experience
Have maintained a private counseling practice and consulting practice to organizations over the past 15 years.
Helped provide regulation, oversight, and support for ten local mental health and substance abuse authority programs in Utah with approximate $100 million dollar annual budget.
Director of Psychology at the Utah State Hospital managing 6 full-time staff psychologists and an APA approved Internship training program for psychologists.
Owned and operated a private business in Organizational Consultation to businesses in the areas of Selection and hiring, team building, executive coaching and visioning and strategic planning. Worked with many companies ranging from Fortune 500 to Utah 100 to small closely held companies.
Staff Psychologist at a pharmacology research clinic where I was involved in numerous clinical drug trials; both inpatient and outpatient studies. Worked with patient’s who had major depression, panic disorder, mixed anxiety and depression, Alzheimer’s disease, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, conduct disorder, schizoaffective disorder, & obesity. Duties included intake evaluation (over 3000 evaluations), neuropsychological assessment, supportive therapy, medication dose evaluation, education and training.
- Adjunct faculty at Westminster College, School of Masters in Business Administration M.B.A. Taught MBA 602 Organizational Behavior
- Part-time faculty at Brigham Young University. Taught Psychology 378; Psychological testing and assessment.
- Adjunct faculty at Westminster College. Taught in the undergraduate psychology department .
Membership in Professional Organizations
- National Alliance for Mental Illness
- American Psychological Association
- Utah Psychological Association – 2007 President-elect of this organization.
Professional Writing Development
Media articles and interviews including eight publications in magazines and newspapers, five invited radio shows and two television appearances discussing a wide range of topics from career development to organizational assessment and selection.