Do You Experience These Common Symptoms of Depression?
- Feelings of sadness, helplessness, hopelessness, or worthlessness
- Trouble sleeping, feeling irritable, or having a low energy level
- Wishing you could just disappear
- Weight loss or gain, frequent changes in appetite
- An increased need for sleep or insomnia, a change in sleep pattern
- Feelings of restlessness or not being able to sit still
- Feeling tired or lackung energy almost every day
- Feeling unworthy or guilty nearly every day
- Difficulty concentrating or focusing
- Thoughts of death or suicide
Understand that you are not alone
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) reports that the 12-month prevalence rate of any Mood Disorder among Adults in the United States is 9.5%. This translates to almost 30 million adults in a year! Almost half of those will experience a Severe Mood Disorder.
Learn how depression treatments can help you
Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) is one of the most effective forms of treatment for mild to moderate depression. When combined with medication, CBT is the most effective form of treatment for Severe Depression.
Cognitive Therapy focuses on helping change a person’s thoughts and beliefs and how they influence a person’s mood and actions. It helps a person change their thinking to be more healthy and adaptive.
Behavior Therapy helps a person change their actions in order to change unhealthy behavior patterns. To learn more about Behavior Therapy click here.
Call for professional help today
Steven J. Chen, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist with over 20 years experience working with over 5,000 individuals. He has been licensed since 1994 in the state of Utah and is in good standing with the licensing board and with the Utah Psychological Association (UPA) and the American Psychological Association (APA). He has served on the UPA board for many years and served as President of the UPA. He has the highest possible rating from previous clients on online rating sites (See HealthGrades).
Dr. Chen is listed in the Psychologist Locator, in Psychology Today Online, in GoodTherapy, in Locate a Doc and many other online listing services.
Learn more about Dr. Steven Chen here.